The creation of the Cantor Leib Glantz Sound ‘n Scores Collection was made possible by a grant from the Nathan Cummings Foundation, with the support and encouragement of Beatrice Cummings Mayer and The Leib Glantz Project, a privately-funded multi-year effort to bring the talents of the legendary cantor, Leib Glantz (1898-1964), into the modern world.
The Leib Glantz Project, edited by Jerry Glantz and published by the Tel Aviv Institute for Jewish Liturgical Music in 2013, is a 500-page book of text, original music scores and sound tracks on CDs. The original digital files from this book provided the raw content for the RSA’s first Sound ‘n Scores feature collection.
Please read the instructions below to more fully appreciate the unique features of this website:
- This website contains 43 Leib Glantz compositions organized into seven content areas.
- Displayed pages are scores of new arrangements in various keys for differing vocal ranges.
- Scores appear in the order they are performed in Jewish prayer services.
- Click on the sheet music image for your selected song. The first page is introductory. Scroll down for more score pages.
- Audio tracks are shown in the player on upper right of the page. Track 1 is an original recording of the song by Cantor Leib Glantz. Track 2 is an audio of the new arrangement as produced by Finale software.
- Translations and transliterations are available by clicking on the book icon beneath the player.
- The menu at the top of the page can be used to navigate, zoom and print. Holding the mouse over an icon will provide a verbal description of its function.
Full biography and more photos | Introduction by Jerry Glantz | Zeharim: In Memory of Leib Glantz