How Can I Help?
A few hours a week can make a huge impact on our ability to process the music in a timely manner.
Some of the ways that volunteers have helped in the past...
- unpacking new shipments of recordings as they arrive,
- sorting incoming recordings by media type and genre,
- translating record labels (from Hebrew and Yiddish into English),
- checking incoming recordings against the list of recordings already in the collection,
- providing help with fundraising events,
- writing album notes and reviewing information found on album jackets.
We are seeking volunteers who are able to enter information about LPs, tapes and CDs into a computer database. This position requires working at the FAU Wimberly Library in Boca Raton. Volunteering is available Monday -Thursday from 9am - 4pm. If you are interested in volunteering, please call to schedule an appointment to ensure a computer will be available.
To find out more or to schedule a time when you would like to volunteer, please call us at (561) 297-0080